1. The Chief Executives of all Public Sector Banks,
Public Sector Insurance Companies, Financial Institutions
2. Executive Director, Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai.
Subject: Payment of Conveyance Allowance to Deaf and Dumb employees at par with Blind and Orthopeadically Handicapped employees.
I am directed to refer to the subject cited above and to say that as per this Department's letter of even number dated 18.2.2009, Conveyance Allowance is payable to Blind and Orthopeadically handicapped employees n Public Sector Banks, Public Sector Insurance Companies, Financial Institutions and Reserve Bank of India, as per prescribed rates.
2. Department of Expenditure in the Ministry of Finance vide its Office Memorandum No. 21(2)/2011-Estt..II(B) dated 19th February, 2014(copy enclosed), has informed that in compliance with order dated 12th December, 2013 of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in WP(Civil) No. 107 of 2011, titled Deaf Employees Welfare Association and Anothers Vs Union of India and Others, it has been decided to extend the benefit of Transport Allowance, as admissible to Blind and Orthopeadically Handicapped employees in terms of their OM No. 21(2)/2008-E.II(B) dated 29th August, 2008(copy enclosed), to deaf and dumb employees of the Central Government with immediate effect.
3. The matter was examined in this Department and it has been decided to extend these benefits to deaf and dumb employees of Public Sector Banks, Public Sector Insurance Companies, Financial Institutions and Reserve Bank of India etc. subject to the condition that the recommendation of the Head of ENT Department of a Govt. Civil Hospital is received by the Head of Human Resources Department of the respective financial institution and fulfillment of other conditions mentioned in MoF, Deptt. of Expenditure OM No. 19029/1/78-E.IV(B) dated 31st August, 1978 (copy enclosed) read with OM dated 29.8.2008.
4. It is requested that a Board Note for paying Conveyance Allowance as prescribed in the letter referred above to Deaf and Dumb employees, at par with Blind and Orthopeadically handicapped employees in your organization, be placed before your Board of Directors for implementation, with immediate effect.