Representations regarding revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners;
ORDER FROM MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, P.G. & PENSIONS
F.No.38/37/08-P&PW(A)Government of India Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Department of Pension & Pensioner’s Welfare Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110003
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak BhawanKhan Market, New Delhi – 110003Dated the 04.03.2010.
Subject:- Representations regarding revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners.
The undersigned is directed to say that orders for revision of pension/family pension of pre-2006 pensioners were issued vide this Department’s OM of even number dated 1.9.2008. Para 4.1 of that OM lays down the manner in which the pension/family pension of pre-2006 pensioners is to be consolidated w.e.f. 1.1.2006. In accordance with these instructions, a fitment weightage @ 40% of the pre-2006 basic pension/family pension (excluding the merged dearness relief of 50%) is to be given for revision of the pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners.
2. Para 4.2 of the aforesaid OM further provides that fixation of pension will be subject to the provision that the revised pension, in no case, shall be lower than fifty percent of the minimum of the pay in the pay band plus the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired. In the case of HAG+ and above scales, this will be fifty percent of the minimum of the revised pay scale. It was clarified in the OM dated 3.10.2008 that the pension calculated at 50% of the minimum of the pay in the pay band (irrespective of the pre-revised scale of pay) plus the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale. The pension will be reduced pro-data, where the pensioners had less than the maximum required service for full pension as per rule 49 of the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 as applicable before 1.1.2006 and in no case it will be less than Rs.3500/- p.m. The fixation of family pension will be subject to the provision that the revised family pension, in no case, shall be lower than thirty percent of the sum of the minimum of the pay in the pay band and the grade pay thereon corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired. A Table indicating the revised pension based on revised pay bands and grade pay was also annexed with this Department’s OM dated 14.10.2008.
3. A total of ten years be prescribed beyond which an officer may not be A large number of representations / references were received in this Department in regard to the provisions of para 4.2 of the OM dated 1.9.2008 and it was clarified in this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 11.2.2009 that the instructions / clarifications issued in this regard were in consonance with the decision of the Government on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission and no change was required to be made in this respect.
4. In spite of the above clarifications, representations are still being received from pre-2006 pensioners (including those who retired from the pre-revised S-29 pay scale i.e. Rs.18400-22400) for higher revised pension in terms of para 4.2 of the O.M. dated 1.9.2008. Representations have also been received demanding a higher fitment weightage to the pre-2006 pensioners in revision of pension in terms of Para 4.1 of the said OM.
5. These representations have been examined in consultation with Ministry of Finance. It is reiterated that orders relating to revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners have been correctly issued as per the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission and no change is required to be made in this respect.
6. All references / representations received in this Department on the above issues stand disposed off accordingly.
(Tripti P.Ghosh)Director (PP)
Tag : PENSION