Restructuring of Cadre of Artisan staff in Defence Establishments in modification of recommendations of 6th CPC
The Chief of Army Staff
The Chief of Air Staff
The Chief of Naval Staff
& all Heads of Inter Services Organizations.
Subject:- Restructuring of Cadre of Artisan staff in Defence Establishments in modification of recommendations of 6th CPC.
The matter regarding revision of pay scale of Master Craftsman in Defence Establishments has been under consideration of the Government of quite some time. Now in partial modification of the 6th CPC recommendations made in para 3.8.27 of its report and amendment made in Civilian in Defence Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008, vide SRO 11(E) dated 28.8.2009, I am directed to convey the sanction of the President of restructuring of cadre of Artisan Staff in Defence Establishment as under,
2. The grade structure in the industrial as well as in the non-industrial trades, wherever already available and the pay scales of the Defence artisan staff shall stand modified w.e.f. 1.1.2006 as under:
(i) Skilled – Pay Band PB-1 Grade Pay Rs.1900
(ii) Highly Skilled Grade II – Pay Band PB-1 Grade Pay Rs.2400
(iii) Highly Skilled Grade I– Pay Band PB-1 Grade Pay Rs.2800
(iv) Master Craftsman – Pay Band PB-2 Grade Pay Rs.4200
3. (a) Wherever the grade structure in the Industrial as well as Non-Industrial trades is already existing in the ratio of 45:55, the erstwhile Skilled and High Skilled, and 25% of Highly Skilled in the grade of Master Craftsman, the following will apply,
• 45% of the posts may be granted the pay scale of Skilled Worker (Grade Pay of Rs.1900 in the Pay Band PB-1)
• 25% of the remaining 55% may granted the pay scale of MCM (Grade pay of Rs.4200 in the Pay Band PB-2), and
• The remaining posts may be divided in a ratio of 50:50 and redesignated as Highly Skilled Worker Grade-II (Grade Pay of Rs.2400 in Pay Band PB-I) and Highly Skilled Worker Grade-I (Grade Pay of Rs.2800 in Pay Band PB-I).
(b) The Placement of the individuals in the posts resulting from the restructuring shall be made w.e.f. 1.1.2006, in relaxation of the conditions, if any, i.e. trade test etc. as one time measure.
(c) Highly Skilled Grade I shall be en-bloc senior to Highly Skilled Grade II
4. (i) The post of Master Craftsman shall be part of the hierarchy and the placement of Highly Craftsman of Highly Skilled Grade I in the grade of Master Craftsman will be treated as promotion.
(ii) In the case of Defence Establishments where there is no category of Skilled Workers and direct recruitment’s made 100% at the level of Highly Skilled, the posts of Master Craftsman existing as on 1.1.2006 will be placed in PB-2 + GP 4200 and the remaining posts of Highly Skilled Workers may be bifurcated in HS-I in the ratio of 50:50.
(iii) In view of the above re-structuring, the artisan staff may be allowed to give revised option for pay fixation w.e.f. 1.1.2006 within these months from the date of issue of orders in this regard.
(iv) The existing recruitment rules for the Tradesman may be amended and RRs for the post of MCM may be framed accordingly.
5. The expenditure involved will be dehitable to the respective Heads of Defence Services Estimates.
6. To the extent of provisions indicated in the paragraphs above MoD letter No. 11(1)/2002-D(Civ-I) dated 20.5.2003 stands amended.
7. This issues with the approval of DOP&T U.O. No.5358/10/CR dated 25.2.2010 and Ministry of Finance I.D. No.2(16)E.III Desk/2008 dated 10.06.2010 and concurrence of Ministry Defence (Finance AG/PB) vide their U.O. No.164/AG/PB dated 14.06.2010.
Under Secretary of the Government of India
YOU MAY NEED THIS
RESTRUCTURING OF ARTISAN IN DEFENCE
74% FDI IN DEFENCE PRODUCTION
ARMY DECIDED TO TAKE 124 MBT ARJUN TANKS---