Allowance from 1st July 2011 – Orders – Issued.
READ - the following papers:
1. G.O.Ms.No.98, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 28th March 2011.
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi, Office
MemorandumNo.1 (14)/2011–E-II(B), dated 03.10.2011.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued sanctioning revised rate of Dearness Allowance to State Government
employees as detailed below:-
| Date from which|
| Rate of Dearness Allowance|
| 1st January|
| 51 per cent of Pay plus|
3. Following the orders issued by the Government of India, the Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees as indicated below:-
| Date from which|
|Rate of Dearness Allowance |
| 58 per cent of Pay plus |
4. The Government also direct that the above increase in Dearness Allowance shall be paid in cash with effect from 01.07.2011.
5. The arrears of Dearness Allowance for the months of July, August and September 2011 shall be disbursed immediately. While working out the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be
rounded off to next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise.
6. The Government also direct that the revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned above, shall be admissible to full time employees who are at present getting Dearness Allowance and paid from
contingencies at fixed monthly rates. The revised rates of Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall not be admissible to part time employees.
7. The revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff working in aided educational institutions, employees under local bodies, employees governed by the University Grants Commission/All India Council for Technical Education scales of pay, the Teachers/Physical
Directors/Librarians in Government and Aided Polytechnics and Special Diploma Institutions, Village Assistants in Revenue Department, Noon Meal Organisers, Child Welfare Organisers, Anganwadi Workers, Cooks, Helpers, Makkal Nala Paniyalar, Panchayat Assistants/Clerks in Village Panchayat under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department.
8. The expenditure shall be debited to the detailed head of account `03. Dearness Allowance' under the relevant sub-minor, submajor and major heads of account.
9. The Treasury Officers / Pay and Accounts Officers shall make payment of the revised Dearness Allowance when bills are presented without waiting for the authorization from the Principal Accountant
General (A&E) Tamil Nadu, Chennai-18.